Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review: Always The Vampire

  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Berkley Trade; 1 edition (May 3, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0425240886

Summary:Cesca Marinelli has been slacking on her duties as a vampire princess, but she will be the best maid of honor ever for Maggie's Victorian wedding. However, when her mostly-human honey, Saber, falls ill due to a magical construct called the Void, she knows she'll have to go beyond the call of bridesmaid duty... 

The Void is affecting every supernatural being in Cesca's afterlife, including her shapeshifter ex, Triton. To counter the Void's reign of terror, Cesca must fully summon her vampire powers-which may lead to her own doom.


Review: Maybe it's the large gap between each book (a year) or maybe there was a supplemental reading in between books two and three that I missed, but I found myself confused by this book a few times. They talked of events that happened that I did not recall happening in the last book. I thought maybe there was a significant amount of time passing in the book and these events were just added in to let us know what was happening in their lives, but it turns out that was not the case either. That was really the only problem I had with the book, I liked it otherwise. I'm a big fan of Cesca, and always enjoy reading where her life is taking her. I did miss her job as a ghostly tour guide because it was not as prevalent in this book. She's still a witty and kick ass vampire in which I love her for. Then there's Triton. I was really sad to find that he had a g.f! Although I like Saber well enough, I wanted Cesca to be with Triton since they have such an ancient past together. I'm hoping they break up and he admits to loving Cesca in the next book....though that's not likely. I would recommend this series for sure, and with the amount of time between publishing, you'd have enough time to catch up before the next one is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment