Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Review: City Of Glass

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 541 pages
  • Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry; Reprint edition (August 3, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9781416972259


Summary:To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. 

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost? 

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Timesbestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments


Review: It took me a long time to finish this book, because I could not get into it. I started it a month ago, got to page 100 or so, and stopped. I just stopped reading it and decided to read other books, finally I got tired of watching it lay around and decided to finally pick it back up. Rather quickly I found myself wondering, why did I stop reading this!? I really liked it, it was full of action and fun. This one was actually my favorite of the three, and once I got started again I couldn't put it down. The relationship between Clary and Jace is FINALLY resolved, and I was happy with the way it ended. I really really liked this book and am happy I gave it another chance.There was a bit of a sad part, in which I was actually really on the verge of tears, but..I guess it had to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you gave it a second go. :) I thought I really loved City of Bones, but this one ended up being my favorite for all that happened. All the action, the twists, and the conclusions. :) This was a wonderful review. :)

    ReplyDelete