Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: Crossed

Summary:In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Review: This book was really great. Reading the first one, I was a little on the fence between if I liked it or not until the middle/end, so although I was eager to read this book, I was a little nervous that I wouldn't get completely into it like I wanted to. This was not the case thankfully. The book was full of beautiful moments, and I will admit I cried a few times. Finally we were taken into the life of Ky Markham a bit more deeply than we were in Matched and that was something I really enjoyed about this book. I think there is still a lot we have to learn about KY and I am hoping that will come out in the next book. This book unlike the previous one was a lot more adventurous and spontaneous. You never knew what to expect. Since Matched takes place when we're still under the rule of the "society" and everything is orderly and planned out it's kind of a change of pace to not know what's gonna happen next, who you're gonna meet on the way, and who you're gonna lose. There was quite a bit of loss in this book, and that made me sad, I hate getting to know a character and begin to really like them, and then have them die, or leave. You grow a kind of friendship and attachment to these characters. I would have liked to see more of Xander, but I liked the secrets that started being revealed about him in this book, and I can't wait to hear the full secret in the next book! A MUST read, loved it!

Quotes I liked:

“In the end you can't always choose what to keep. You can only choose how you let it go.” 

“Everyone has something of beauty about them. But loving let's you look, and look, and look again. You notice the back of a hand, the turn of a head, the way of a walk. When you first love, you look blind and you see it all as the glorious, beloved whole, or a beautiful sum of beautiful parts. But when you see the one you love as pieces, as why's, you can love those parts too, and it's a love at once more complicated and more complete.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment