Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: Of Poseidon


Summary:(From Goodreads) Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen's not fully convinced that Emma's the one he's been  looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves  that Emma and her Gift may be the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help--no matter what the risk




review:I was initially drawn in to this book by the cover, I thought it was so pretty. I was curious about it because the legs show it's a human, but the shape of the body is something like how a mermaid would look while swimming..I'm a sucker for a good mermaid..err..Syrena book (sorry Galen), but I have yet to find that absolutely perfect one. My search is over! This book was absolutely amazing, I read it in 2 days, I could not put it down. Skip food, skip work, and just read!! There were a lot of things I really liked about this book: the first being the scary part in the beginning. I won't say what happens and spoil it for those who haven't read it, but I was actually scared and nervous when reading it. 2) I liked how the life of the main character isn't perfect. She suffers a loss, a pretty serious one right in the beginning of the book, it's not rainbows and butterflies, and happy living. Sometimes you just need that moment of realistic loss. 3) I liked how the male character was a bit older, I'm 23 but I enjoy young adult, It's my favorite genre of book, so reading about 15 and 16 year olds sometimes gets like uhhh man, I wish they'd have some older characters every now and then. When I found out Galen and his sister were 20 I was happy they were a little closer in age to me than other books. There were so many funny moments in the book that actually made me giggle out loud, the mispronouncing of words and mistaken words for other words that Galen, Toraf and Rayna stumble upon. (Just remember the camel...you'll see, and you'll laugh). This is a book you will LOVE and find hard to put down. There's everything you look for in a good book, romance, a bit of mystery, some fierce punching, friendship, love, loss, and a really awesome underwater adventure to a special piece of history. Must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment