Monday, June 13, 2011

Review: He's So Not Worth It

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1416999531

Summary:Ally Ryan, come on down to the Jersey Shore and forget your troubles!
Have you recently been humilated in front of your friends and family at your former best friends birthday party? Was your almost boyfriend partly responsible for that humilation by withholding some vital information about where your estrangerd father is? Did you come home to find said estranged father sitting on your stoop?
If so, then it sounds like you could use a vacation! The Jersey Shore is the place to be. Your mother may be living with her boyfriend of only a few months, but at least the stunt Shannen pulled has put some of your friends back in your court. Even so, you're still angry and what better way to get over Jake than to blow off some steam with local guy, Cooper. People will hardly recognize your new attitude, but the old one wasn't getting you anywhere, so who cares!
Jake Graydon, an exciting opportunity is waiting for you in the service industry!
Are your grades so low your parents have grounded you for the summer? Did you the girl you really like unceremoniously leave you behind? Would you rather eat dirt than see your friends again? Then a job at the local coffee shop is just the ticket! Suprisingly, Ally's father is the new manager so you get to be reminded of her nearly every day. Maybe it's time to start flirting with your best friend's ex or even taking school a bit more seriously. Especially when you finally see Ally and she's hanging around with some loser and it's couldn't be more clear that she is over you.
Have a great summer!

Review: *spoilers ahead*Kieran Scott has a way of writing that makes you never want to put the book down. I usually read chapter to chapter and won't put the book down in the middle of a chapter. Each chapter in this book ends in a small cliffhanger that makes you not want to stop reading, it was because of this that I finished this book in a short time. One of my favorite thing about He's So Not Worth It and She's So Dead To Us is that it is written from both the point of views of Jake and Ally simultaneously. I really like this because you see how they are both feeling after something scandalous has happened. In the first book I really felt bad for Ally and even though I liked Jake I was so mad at him, but in this book I was mad at Ally! I knew straight from the start that Cooper was no good, but of course Ally couldn't see that. I felt bad for Jake this time around, because he really did try to get back with Ally and try to show her how he felt and she just wouldn't have it. One of the many things I look forward to when reading these books is Annie's little spy notes, every time I get to them I laugh. She really cracks me up with her little side notes. In true Kieran fashion the last line of course ends in a major cliffhanger that will guarantee you HAVE to read the next book. Of course I can't leave out the hook up between Chloe and Jake...maybe its my naivety or my undying loyalty to Jake but I like to think that him and Chloe just had a heavy make out session. As for the "that was for knocking up my girlfriend" situation, I think it was Will, it better be! I will absolutely never forgive Jake if it's really his. I'm hoping the next book will start exactly where that fight left off and it's Jake defending his honor saying they never even had sex *praying*  I'm sure Chloe either told Hammond it was Jake so that no one would know she was hooking up with a norm, or Hammond just assumed it was Jake because he saw them together. All I know is I can't wait for the next book and I want it NOW! I absolutely adore these books and I recommend them 200%. I just want Jake and Ally to finally be together and happy!! Please. 

5/5 stars it was AMAZING


UPDATE: the third book will be titled This Is So Not Happening and will be released in the summer of 2012. :( That's a long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment