Friday, June 10, 2011

Review: Starcrossed

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 487 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (May 31, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0062011995

Summary:How do you defy destiny?
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.
As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.

Review: If there's one thing in a book that I need to have in order for me to really like it, it's dialogue. This book had hardly any, you'd think from the size of it that it would be full of it but it did not..at all. I couldn't get into it which is sad because I was really looking forward to reading this one. I was anticipating it for so long. I have been interested in Greek mythology since I took a class back in the third grade so when I found out this book would be revolving around that I was really excited. This book however; was not the mythology I loved. Something about the way it was written confused me to high heavens and I was just lost most of the time. For a book that is supposed to some sort of epic love story, it wasn't all that romantic or full of love at all! I definitely would not recommend this book and if there's going to be another one, as the ending of this one made it seem, I will not be reading it. And that is something I never say. 1/5 Stars, I did not like it. There is something I DID like about this book I might mention, the cover. I think it's so beautiful, and even if I disliked the book, at least I have a pretty cover to look at, regardless of the dislike on the inside pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment