Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Review: Touch Of Frost

Summary: My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.
But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .


Review:This book was okay, I'm a big fan of Greek mythology and that was what originally pulled me to read this book. Reading the summary though I would have assumed there was more action and romance. Considering it was a Kensington book I thought the romances that were in it would be a little more prevalent and in your face. I think the second one will have the romance as Logan and Gwen will find themselves spending a lot of time together because of their warrior training. One of the things I really didn't like about the book was there were things, or sayings that kept being repeated. One of these being "The Powers That Were" it may be a petty complaint but I just really dislike repetition. Another being that every chance possible Gwen would bring up that she had no friends and no one to talk to at school. That fact was clear from the very beginning so I saw no reason for it to keep coming up. A positive thing about this book was I really liked all the students and learning about their powers. Especially Gwen's. The story about Paige and her hairbrush was so disturbing. That was definitely my favorite part of the story because of how much you just couldn't forget it. The warrior training between the love interest that she can't be with sounds a bit like the Rose and Dmitri love affair in Vampire Academy, but since I loved that book I'm hoping it will be a positive effect on book two. I would definitely continue to read on with this series, and I might even recommend it to someone else. I think as the books progress I will like them more and more, but for now, it was just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment