Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: Blood Wicked

  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Aphrodisia (March 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0758250940

Summary:Vivienne knows the dark secrets of London's desires. She fulfils them, twisting men's lust for her into the power and status of a courtesan. But she understand little about her own pleasure and the mysteries it commands. Until, that is, she meets Heath, a vampire capable of giving her profound ecstasy - but sworn to let her taste its release only once...Heath's cravings for Vivienne sharpen into sweet torture as he guides her through erotic lessons, watching her abandon herself to ever-higher peaks of pleasure. As temptation melts away the bonds of his control, how long can either hope to survive?

Review: As a fan of Sharon's previous books I was really excited to read this one. She certainly has a way with really hot sex scenes. While it started out okay, I quickly became detached from the book. I know in romance novels the characters fall in love seemingly in a matter of moments, the man who never wants love meets this plain Jane girl and BAM he wants to change his life and be with her forever, but this book was really crazy. It was certainly long enough to prolong the proclamation of love to make it just a little bit less cheesy, but, this book wasn't based on romance it was supposed to be full of "sexually explicit" sex scenes (seriously, theres a warning on the back). While the scenes are as they claim to be there's something I did not like, and that is the mixing of sweet words with explicit ones. There's something about "his giant c*** snapped up and landed on his belly" that doesn't resonate with me. Belly seems like such an innocent word for such a sexually charged sentence. I guess the only downfall I had with this book was the vocabulary used, and that goes for talking about body parts and the way the characters communicated. I'm not sure if it was supposed to reflect the time period, or if that's just how she wanted it, but, I wasn't a fan. I probably would not recommend this book...but I still would recommend reading Page's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment