Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Where She Went

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 208 pages
  • Publisher: Dutton Juvenile (April 5, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 9780525422945

Summary:It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the futureÑand each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Wentexplores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


Review: Had there not been a sequel to this book I would have been more than happy. As far as I was concerned, Mia and Adam stayed together in the end of If I Stay and I was happy with that. When I found out this book was coming out, and that they were not together anymore, and haven't been for three years I seriously considered not reading the book. I wanted them to end in the perfect way, she woke up, and he was there for her and everything was happy. Needless to say, I read it anyway. I had been hearing really great reviews about it so I figured it would be just as great as If I Stay. When reading it I was kind of mad at Adam, I know he was grieving and I know he had to get over Mia and the whole accident, but I didn't like how he was sleeping around with groupies to do that. It didn't seem like the Adam I knew and loved from before. Adam wouldn't have done those things because he seemed better than that. The course of the book takes place during one fated night where they finally meet face to face after being apart for three years. I wanted them to get together right away and tell their feelings right from the start, but it took right up until the end of the book for that to happen. The beginning of the book was full of awkward conversations and kept secrets. Their road back to each other was slow going, but romantic. If you've already read If I Stay and want to know what happens, I'd recommend reading this book, but if you're happy with how it ended, don't bother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment