Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: The Iron Daughter

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 359 pages
  • Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (August 1, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0373210132

Summary:  
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Review: The beginning was a bit slow for me, and I even considered stopping and not reading the book at all, but I persevered and continued on to the end. Good thing too, towards the middle of the book it started getting really good and I started getting into it. I liked this book a lot more than the first one, because there was so much more involvement from the other characters that had only small parts in the previous book. There was betrayal and a love triangle (what kind of young adult book would it be w/o one of those?) and enemies turned friends. There was also quite a bit of violence and blood, which was different from the first book and although it made me flinch I liked the excitement of it all. I would definitely recommend this book, and I can't wait to read the next one. Plus it ended with a sort of cliff hanger that makes it necessary to continue on to the next one. What happens to Ash and Meghan? I will have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment