Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: Desires Of The Dead

Summary:Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life. 

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger

Review: Let me start off by saying I loved the first book in this series. As a Forensic Psychology student, anything serial killers, or murder in general is right up my alley. So when I found out there was a follow up to The Body Finder I was really excited to get it read. It was hot off the heels of a signing I went to that Derting was signing at and when she read the prologue and the line "It's a shame you had to find her, I didn't want anyone else to die" I shivered. I HAD to read this book! So I did. I love the characters in these books, Jay and Violet make such a cute couple. If you don't fall in love with Jay when reading these books than you need to read them again and change your mind. Even with their friendship turned romance in this book, Jay still acts like her best friend...with just a little more kissing and absolutely adorable moments. You can still see their close friendship in the protective ways Jay acts he just adds a hint of affection to his closeness, I really love the way their relationship panned out in this book. Even though I like Violet, there were some things that really made me angry in this book like how she STILL doesn't tell Jay about the things she's going through, or planning on doing. Didn't she learn in the first book?! TELL JAY EVERYTHING!! I hated how she kept keeping him out of the loop. With the introduction of Mike in this book, Violet starts to harbor some jealous feelings toward all the time he is spending with Jay. While I understand her jealousy, after all it has been her and Jay pretty much all her life, she has to get over it! Jay is Jay, she has to remember that he absolutely loves her 100% she has nothing to worry about, even with the introduction of a new friend. Let's move on to Rafe. There wasn't all that much about him in this book, but if the electricity she feels whenever he touches her is any indication of a future romance, i'm gonna be pissed! He needs to back off if this is the case because I'm team Jay all the way! But back to business...I loved this book and I would certainly recommend this book to anyone. I can't wait for the third book, and to see what sort of shenanigans Violet gets herself into in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment