Friday, August 26, 2011

Review: Bloodlines

Summary:When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. 


Review: With the Vampire Academy series ending in December with Last sacrifice, I was sad to see the world of Damphir, Moroi, and Strigoi go...but alas! The Bloodlines series would be a spin off of Vampire Academy so we would not have to give up the world for good! One of the things I loved about this book was that we got to stay in the world that we came to love in Vampire Academy. Many of the same characters make an appearance in this book, wether it be a main character *cough* Adrian, Sydney, and Eddie or a quick appearance like Abe and Rose. When I found out that Adrian was going to be the main squeeze of this book I was SO excited, I loved him in Vampire Academy and even started to like him more than Dmitri towards the end (blasphemous I know!). When I'm reading a book I usually keep a little piece of paper in it as a book mark that I use to write things on it, like quotes I like, things I laughed at or things I hated. One of the first things I wrote was "Adrian is SO funny" and then a few lines down I wrote again, "Adrian cracks me up" Without getting too spoilery, I was laughing at all his interviews, and finding out the way he behaved and why he didn't get the jobs and when he is telling Sydney about how he actually cleaned his house. Early in the beginning he says "O Positive: my favorite" that's my bloodtype so I just kept thinking of Adrian and being his blood donor...hmm. The only problem I had with this book was I had it figured out VERY early and there was no surprise left for me. This won't stop me from reading the other books though I DEFINITELY recommend this book of course, and I'm so happy there are more to come! Oh and I almost forgot...THE LAST LINE!!!!


Quotes and moments I liked: "takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection" he paused to think about this "well, except for my parents, they got it on the first try."


It wasn't the kind of touch that said, Hey, I've got a plan, so hang in there because we're going to get out of this. It was more like the kind of touch that simply said, You aren't alone. It was really the only thing he could offer. And in that moment, it was enough.




  • "Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire." 

4/5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment