Monday, August 29, 2011

Review: Twisted

Summary: (via goodreads)It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The Pretty Little Liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild. 

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship. 

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore … eventually

Review: With the massive success of the T.v series, I think Sara decided she was going to milk this as much as she could (making 4 more books). When the last book ended it was the END and that was obvious, so when I found out this book was coming out I was both confused and excited. I didn't see a need to keep the series going because it ended on a good note and everything was solved and perfect. But I was excited because I liked these books and I was curious to see what was gonna happen to these pretty little liars we have all come to love. I must admit, I was SUPER confused when the last book came to an end and everything was solved, between Ali and Courtney my mind was reeling, and it continued on in this book when they were mentioned. That made it hard to follow for me, but otherwise I really enjoyed this book. I love these books and I love the scandals. The problems with the law Hannah always finds herself in, the bad boy situations Spencer always ends up in ahh I love it. This book brought back all the things you loved in the other books, all the characters all the drama, and excitement. A definite must read if you loved all the other books. I still don't see a need for this book, and I still am really confused about the Courtney/Ali thing so..


As a side note: there was something that bugged me:
1)When Zach is leaning over Spencer she says his longish hair was falling down into his eyes, then later on in the book she says his short brown hair was sticking up all over the place. 


3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment