Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Tighter

Summary:When 17-year-old Jamie arrives on the idyllic New England island of Little Bly to work as a summer au pair, she is stunned to learn of the horror that precedes her. Seeking the truth surrounding a young couple's tragic deaths, Jamie discovers that she herself looks shockingly like the dead girl—and that she has a disturbing ability to sense the two ghosts. Why is Jamie's connection to the couple so intense? What really happened last summer at Little Bly? As the secrets of the house wrap tighter and tighter around her, Jamie must navigate the increasingly blurred divide between the worlds of the living and the dead. 


Review: First of all how awesome is the cover of this book?! It is so freaky, and that is what attracted me to this one in the first place. Even while reading the summary I got a chill up my spine, I haven't really read any creepy or spooky books, so a young adult creepy book was like a jackpot for me. The story is a re-telling of The Turn Of The Screw by Henry James, I'll admit I never read or even heard of the original, but after reading this I may have to. I quickly came to like the main character Jamie and the girl she was to be sitting Isa. There was such an innocence about Isa and all the silly little games she liked to play that I liked reading about her, because kids her age these days aren't the innocent and cute kids they used to be. Just when Jamie is trying to get to the bottom of things and becoming the super sneak, I was becoming curious too right along with her. Who was Jessie, Pete? Who are the figures I keep seeing? Often when Jamie was in a situation or thinking to herself she would incorporate a Mother-goose nursery rhyme into it, and they always fit so perfectly, I loved that. The very last page sent a shiver through my spine, the very last page made this book a must read!


4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment