Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Fury

Summary:It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...
Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.
On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.
In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.
Em and Chase have been chosen.

Review: Just as a warning, there will be spoilers in this review, I usually don't post spoilers, but in order to get my point across I'm going to have to post some. Here we go, I LOVED this book...a lot. I'm a big fan of horror so when I read that this book was sort of scary I knew I had to read it. One of the things in fact, that I loved about this book was that it was scary. I love young adult literature, but theres usually nothing scary happening in them (except maybe your favorite vampire leaving town for half a year). But at points I was really scared of this book. At one point when Em looks out the door she sees a white face staring back at her, I got so spooked I had to close my curtains, I was genuinely scared! The main character of this book is a girl named Em Winters, but there is a sort of back and forth between another sub main character Chase Singer. Believe it or not, I grew quite attached to Chase, and I was really upset when he...died. Your main characters don't usually die in books, and that was another thing I liked about this book. It wasn't all rainbows and butterflies, bad things happened, tragedy struck, people were hurt. I was happy when Em finally realized J.D was in love with her, and that she finally understood how good he was to her, I wanted to shake her and tell her to wake up and smell the perfect man next door! I'm hearing its's a trilogy and I hope that's right, because the way it ended...i needed more! I need to know that Em will find a way to defeat the Furies and take her life back, and I need to know what taking the red pills did to J.D's memory of Em and what happened. Please let me be together in the next book! Or at least on the road to recovery. A definite must read highly recommended.

5/5 

Fury: Elizabeth Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment