Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: The Power Of Six

Summary:I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us. 

Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together? 

They caught Number One in Malaysia. 
Number Two in England. 
And Number Three in Kenya. 
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed. 

I am Number Seven. One of six still alive. 

And I'm ready to fight

Review: I actually wrote a review on this book already, it was my hurricane read so I had it read up pretty quickly. However; something happened and my post was deleted and I was so frustrated I haven''t tried to rewrite it since. Here I am trying again. This may sound weird but when I'm reading a book there's always something I'm looking for. The title. I like to find the words of the title in the book, this way I can be like oh so THAT'S where the title came from! Once I find it I'm a happy camper. I am number four had that shattering moment where he realizes he's number four and obviously, you had the title search over pretty quickly, and in a pretty serious scene. In this book it happened not once but TWICE, and for two totally different reasons. John is watching Six fight and he says "I always underestimate the power of Six" and then later on he goes on to explaining how the power of six (as in all six of the Lorien Garde) will succeed in this fight with the Mogardorians. So I was real happy about that. I really really loved this book for a lot of reasons. It was just as action packed as the first, if not more, and you really got to know the characters a whole better. I've been a big fan of Sam so I'm happy he got to be in this book a lot, and he also gets some love..I won't say from who. Now, I don't know if I just really like Diana Agron and that's why I have such a dislike for Sarah, or if I just really hate Sarah's character. Man I don't like her! I want John with someone else, preferably a Lorien, and after what happened in this book with Sarah I hope that happens. The dialogue between Sam and John is so perfect for 15 year old boys that I adore reading their conversations. A lot of authors give teens such a weird voice when writing in their dialogues but this as so spot on, it was refreshing. There are introductions to others of the Garde that you will fall in love with in an instant, I know I did.  The explosions are bigger, the creatures are scarier, and the Mogadorians have doubled in number you MUST read this book. It was SO good, I will anxiously be awaiting the release of book three!!

5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment