Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Vanish

Summary:To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone. 

Back home, Jacinda is greeted with hostility and must work to prove her loyalty for both her sake and her family’s. Among the few who will even talk to her are Cassian, the pride’s heir apparent who has always wanted her, and her sister, Tamra, who has been forever changed by a twist of fate. Jacinda knows that she should forget Will and move on—that if he managed to remember and keep his promise to find her, it would only endanger them both. Yet she clings to the hope that someday they will be together again. When the chance arrives to follow her heart, will she risk everything for love? 

Review: This book was kind of a disappointment for me, I found it to be really slow going. I was looking forward to this book because I really loved Firelight, and couldn't wait to see what happens with Jacinda, Cassian, and Will. Aside from the obvious main characters, I also wanted to see what happened to Tamra. I was happy to see that she had a pretty major role in this one, and I hope she continues to have a big part in the next book. Although I found this one kind of slow there were parts that I was on the edge of my seat, like Jacinda's public "trial" my heart was racing! It's played out over about three pages and the excitement and tension just kept escalating. My heart was going crazy! The most exciting part was obviously the end, and the cliffhanger that we were left at! I like how the ending kind of promised more Cassian in the next book. I'm team Cassian all the way. For once, I would like a love triangle to end with the boy least expected to get the girl. I haven't had my boy be chosen in a triangle yet. I would still recommend these books even though I found this one a bit slow. I can't wait for book three, and I will definitely continue on reading these books!

3/5 stars:  I liked it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment