Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: Succubus Revealed


Summary: With a shot at love, and maybe even redemption, is the ultimate seductress finally going soft? Like hell she is. . .
Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations. . .to Las Vegas.
The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be so eager to get her away from Seattle—and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it—no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for. . .

Review: Me and Georgina have as much of a tumultuous relationship as her and Seth do. When I first started reading Succubus Blues a few years ago, I didn't like it. I think I read about thirty pages and decided to call it quits. A few months later I went back and decided to give it another go. And thank goodness because this series quickly became my favorite! Then, just as quickly as I came to love it, I came to hate it! When Seth and Georgina broke up, and Seth had sex with Maddie I was DONE. I remember the exact place I was the second those horrible words came out of Maddie’s fat mouth. “I had sex with Seth.” I was reading on my lunch break at work, I violently closed the book and through it across the table. I planned to never read the rest, or even finish the series. In fact, when the new one came out, I made no plans to go buy it, I didn’t even put it on hold at the library. I remember going to a Borders and reading the last few pages, and seeing that Georgina was helping Maddie plan her wedding..wedding?! So now they’re not just having sex, but they’re dating, and engaged to be married?! This was so not happening, I boycotted the books. Alana continued to read the series and she had to tell me when it was safe to start reading again, when Georgina and Seth would finally be back together. So that leads us here to the ending of the series and the conclusion of the tumultuous relationship me and Georgina had. I liked this book a lot. The twists were C-R-A-Z-Y I never suspected any of them at all. It was a complete and utter shock to me. I’m happy I got the ending I wanted, but I’m sad because of what happens to another character I loved..Roman. I won’t say what happened, but I hope he’s okay, and I can’t believe the sacrifice he risked for Georgina. I wish she would have stayed to listen to what he had to say. If it’s possible I fell even more in love with almost everyone in this book...especially Carter. Something Richelle did in this book that I really liked, was she tied Seth’s...authorness (for lack of a better word) into her own, and into this story. Here is what I mean: 
“Are Cady and O’neill ever going to get together?”-Georgina
“ Do you think they should?”-Seth
“Well, they’ve been through an awful lot together. And if there’s only one book left, it kind of seems like they’re running out of time.”-Georgina
Ahhh I LOVED that! This book and this series are a must read! I think I will even read them over in the near future. Definitely recommended. Farewell Georgina it was a bumpy but great ride. 
p.s: I would still love a prequel to these books, like her lives in all the previous 9 men she’s loved (you’ll see what I mean by the end of this one.)

5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment