Monday, February 14, 2011

Our First Blog!

This is our first official blog, and hopefully many more are to follow. We are new to the blogging world (writing, not reading). I guess we should get started on introducing ourselves, what we read,what books interest us, and why we're here. To start off our names are Grace (22) and Alana (21), and we are both full time students. I (Grace) was not MUCH of a reader as a youngster, although I did read occasionally (I was in "Readers are Leaders" after all), the first leisure book I read was recommended to me by no other than, Alana when we were in the 9th grade. If You Loved Me by Marilyn Reynolds was the book that started my reading career. I went on from there to reading books by Judith Gould (The Greek Villa being my favorite). We set off on a whirlwind of reading after that, and always recommended books to each other of all different genres. The books that have been catching my attention as of late are ones based on Dystopian societies. Of course, my favorite is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Team Peeta!!). I recently read Matched by Ally Condie, another book set in a Dystopian society. I have time between traveling an hour and half to the city to and from school everyday to read a few books every week or so, so I figured I'd put that reading to good use and review the books I've read on here to share with all of you book lovers! Hopefully the books I read and review will be a make or break point for your decision to read the book as well. Feel free to comment on any review we write saying if you liked or disliked the books, agree or disagree with our comments, or any thing you feel like adding. I hope to hear from you all soon and long live read2read!

1 comment:

  1. Good idea both Alana & Grace!! Will be looking forward to reading your blogs, I support you all the way!

    ReplyDelete