Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

So, I finished the Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I  really enjoyed the book, grew pretty attached to Charlie, the main character. I am no good with writing summaries, as I aways end up telling the story event by event, so I've decided that I will just copy a summary on here that is on the back of the book.

It is the story of what it's like to grow up in high school. More intimate than a diary, Charlie's letters are singular and unique, hilarious and devastating. We may not know where he lives. We may not know to whom he is writing. All we know is the world he shares. Caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it puts him on a strange course through uncharted territory. The world of first dates, family dramas, and new friends. The world of sex, drugs and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, where all you need is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite.
On the the review. I enjoyed this book very much and quickly forgot that I was actually reading a book. The book is a series of letters sent to someone whom we do not know, in which Charlie is describing different moments in his life, how he's feeling, who he's seeing, and what is happening. Although the other characters in the book found Charlie to be a "Freak" or "Weird" I found him to be someone I would enjoy hanging out with. He does have his strange moments but don't we all? This book is an easy read and I would recommend it to anyone who is just looking for something fun and quick to read. Do not let the thought that it is a quick and easy read keep you from seeing how well the book is written and how great the story lines are. There will be at least one character from the book that you will relate to. A definite must read to all, young and old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment