Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Review Of Awakened

·         Reading level: Young Adult
·         Hardcover: 304 pages
·         Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; First Edition (January 4, 2011)
·         Language: English
·         ISBN-10: 0312650248

Summary from the House of Night Website

Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa’s House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey.  Dominion over Kalona is only one of the weapons she plans to use against Z.  But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there.  Being Queen would be cool, wouldn’t it?  Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing her human consort, Heath, she will never be the same – and her relationship with her super-hot-warrior, Stark, may never be the same either…

And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim?  The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship?  Does he betray his father or his heart?

In the pulse-pounding 8th book in the bestselling House of Night series, how far will the bonds of friendship stretch and how strong are the ties that bind one girl’s heart?

Review

The House of Night series is one of my favorite series. I must say though that I thought the series should have ended already. I found myself getting bored at times and then really excited when the good parts happen. I went into reading this book thinking that I have to read it only because I have read all the other books in the series so far.  I skipped some parts in the book to get to the good parts, I did go back and read them though when I finished the book.  The only things I really wanted to know was what happened with Stevie Rae and Rephaim?, who I happen to think make the best damn couple even though he is not even close to having a human body. Throughout the book it hints that Rephaim will have to choose between good and evil. Another thing I really wanted to know was if Zoey would come back to her friends because they really needed her, one of her closest friends die, but I won’t say who. She makes the right choice in the end though. And the last thing I wanted to know was if Neferet was finally going to get her ass kicking, but she still lives and is an evil being ;(. But by the end of the book I was really glad that I read it. The best thing that happened though which I know Grace was really happy about is that a previous character comes back ;). I will definitely read the next book Destined which is suppose to come out in November 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment