Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Review: Uninvited



  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Paperback: 224 pages
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse; Original edition (October 23, 2007)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1416939784

When rejection comes back to bite you...

Jordan's life sucks. Her boyfriend, Michael, dumped her, slept his way through half the student body, and then killed himself. But now, somehow, he appears at her window every night, begging her to let him in.
Jordan can't understand why he wants her, but she feels her resistance wearing down. After all, her life -- once a broken record of boring parties, meaningless hookups, and friends she couldn't relate to -- now consists of her drinking alone in her room as she waits for the sun to go down.
Michael needs to be invited in before he can enter. All Jordan has to do is say the words....

I originally got this book because I liked the cover, i'll be honest. After reading the back I thought it sounded really cool so I went and got it. I have read an Amanda Marrone book in the back, and I remember not liking it until the last 50 pages or so. I did not like this book, and I wouldn't recommend it. I think the idea behind the book, the plot, was a good one, but I think the actual writing was boring. It was a really east read, I started on the way to school and finished it on the way home, so if you're looking for a really easy really fast read, sure, maybe you'll like it. I found it hard to relate to the main character Jordan, as she is an alcoholic and a druggie. It was just a really blah book. I got it assuming there would be a lot of vampire activity going on, since it is about a vampire, but it seemed like the vampire aspect was put aside to Jordan's drinking and drug problem. Not a recommended book. Sorry Amanda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment