Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Hunger Games casting info...

Well, It's official, Jennifer Lawrence has been cast as Katniss Everdeen the heroin we all fell in love with in the excellent trilogy by Suzanne Collins.


As per Mockingjay.net :
LOS ANGELES, CA, March 17, 2011- Lionsgate and the filmmakers of “The Hunger Games” are pleased to announce that Academy Award® nominated actress Jennifer Lawrence will assume the coveted role of Katniss Everdeen in the much anticipated film adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ “The Hunger Games.”
The film will be directed by Gary Ross, and produced by Nina Jacobson’s Color Force. Collins’ best-selling novel, which has over 3 million copies in print in the United States alone, is the first in a trilogy of science fiction/action novels which have developed a global following. Lionsgate will release “The Hunger Games” on March 23, 2012.
Newcomer Lawrence’s meteoric ascent began in earnest with her breakout role in last year’s “Winter’s Bone,” and culminated in an Academy Award nomination. This summer, Lawrence will star in Matthew Vaughn’s “X Men: First Class” and in “The Beaver” directed by Jodie Foster. Later this year, she co-stars in the Sundance Grand Jury winner “Like Crazy”.
Author Suzanne Collins weighed in on the selection of Lawrence, “Jennifer’s just an incredible actress. So powerful, vulnerable, beautiful, unforgiving and brave. I never thought we’d find somebody this perfect for the role. And I can’t wait for everyone to see her play it.”
“I’m so excited work with Jen and see her bring this character to life. Katniss requires a young actress with strength, depth, complexity, tenderness, and power. There are very few people alive who can bring that to a role. Jen brings it in spades. She’s going to be an amazing Katniss.” said director Gary Ross.

We are both a little upset with the news, we weren't voting for her as Katniss, but if Suzanne says she's perfect, I guess she knows what's right, unless she was just being nice. The only way I will be okay with this decision is if they choose a remarkable Peeta (Hunter Parrish pleaseeee). Time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've seen her before. If I have she didn't stick out in my mind anyway. Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen her before either, I'm not happy with the decision. I guess we'll have to see!

    ReplyDelete