Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: The Replacement

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Razorbill (September 21, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1595143378

Summary:Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement-left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

Review: I was very disappointed in this book. I first heard of the book because it was one of the books on the Breathless Reads tour. I thought the cover made it seem like it was gonna be a great book (you'll find I usually judge a book by it's cover). I thought the concept of the book was a really great idea, very original as well. however, straight from the beginning I knew I wasn't enjoying it. When I got to the late hundreds, I considered stopping, but knew it would be a waste to get that far and then quit. I struggled to finish the book, I found some concepts to be quite confusing, and hard to follow. Sorry to say I would not recommend this book, to anyone. I really wanted to enjoy this book..it just didn't happen. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment