Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NYC Teen Author Week.


Yesterday we went to the Barnes and Noble at Union Square to take part in an author panel as part of NYC Teen Reads week. The panel was Holly Black, Judy Blundell, Gayle Forman, and Eliot Schaefer. All the authors read excerpts from their new books and we were excited when Gayle read from Where She Went, the sequel to If I Stay. Judging from what was read I know I'm going to like it, i'm hoping at least. I was not familiar with the other authors and really just went to see Gayle, but the other authors were very nice and very funny. The event was hosted by Davis Levithan who also has some books out. All in all we had a very nice time, and when I told Gayle I read If I Stay on the train and cried, she told me DON'T READ THIS ON THE SUBWAY! She also drew a little void circle in my book and wrote do not read on subway in it. I thought that was funny, anyway, here are some photos from the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment