Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: The Eternal Ones

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Razorbill (August 10, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1595143084

Summary:Haven Moore can't control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. Then an impossible group of coincidences forces her to flee from her small Tennessee town to New York, to discover who she is, and who she had been.Haven Moore can't control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother's house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.
In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves, before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

Review: I decided to read this book because it was on the Breathless Reads tour. When I went to the NYC stop I had never heard of this book (if I did I would have boughten it) I was a little iffy about reading it regardless of how interesting it looked because the love interests' name was Ethan...that's my brothers name and reading about loving someone with that name gives me the willies. I read it anyway, and WOW I love love love this book! I feel immensely stupid for not buying it and being able to get it signed when I was at a signing with Kirsten back in November. I loved the concept of reincarnation and finding someone over different lifetimes, can you imagine how difficult that must be? I don't believe there are many books like this out there, at least none that i've read. I liked how it was romantic, but not over the top in cheesiness, that's something I always look for in a book that has romance. I would certainly absolutely recommend this book! Buy it, and if she is coming to a town near you..get it signed! I am excited that there will be another book. I really loved the ending too, and by ending I mean the last paragraph of the book, just enough cliff hanger to make you want more, but enough to leave you satisfied! MUST READ THIS BOOK!

Still wishing I got it signed...Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment