Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kieran Scott, Maggie Stiefvater, Books of Wonder.

I'm really excited to be going to a book signing on March 20th at the Books of Wonder. This is going to be a MAJOR event, so many authors are going to be there (44 in total!!) but the two most exciting things there will be Maggie Stiefvater, and Kieran Scott (Kate Brian). If all goes well, I will get to meet both which will be fantastic as I am a HUGE fan of both. In lieu of this excitement I thought I'd add an extra little review for a book I read a while ago by Kieran Scott. The book is titled: She's So Dead To Us. I have read Kieran's other books under both Kieran and Kate, the Private series, Privilege series, Megan Meade's Guide, Ex-mas, and I can honestly say that when a series has so many books in it, I tend to lose interest...fast. This hasn't happened for the Private series and I genuinely enjoy her work. Anyway, I read her book She's So Dead To US and fell in love immediately. Her books always bring me to a new world, a world of lavish clothes, rich parents, and really sexy guys. The main character in this book Ally, loses her spot on the social ladder when her father causes many of his friends to lose large sums of money, long story short, she leaves without telling her friends, then comes back to find someone living in her old house (a very handsome, toned, and popular someone) and her friends no longer see her as such. After reading the book I wanted to live in a Cul De Sac! (Read the book and you'll understand). Here's a summary and the cover of the book....



Perfect, picturesque Orchard Hill. It was the last thing Ally Ryan saw in the rearview mirror as her mother drove them out of town and away from the shame of the scandal her father caused when his hedge fund went south and practically bankrupted all their friends. Friends that liked having trust funds and new cars and friends that didn’t like constant reminders they had been swindled. So it was adios, Orchard Hill. Thanks for nothing.
Now two years later, Ally’s mother has landed a job back in the site of their downfall. Despite Ally’s new low key, happy life, it’ll be back into the snake pit with the likes of Chloe Appleby and Hammond Ross.
But then there’s Jake Graydon. Handsome, wealthy, bored Jake Graydon. He moved to town after Ally left and knows nothing of her scandal, but does know that he likes her. And she likes him. So off into the sunset they can go, right? Too bad Jake’s friends have a problem with his new crush since it would mean he could make Ally Ryan happy. And if anyone deserves to be unhappy it’s her.
Ally was hoping to have left all the drama in the past but some things just can’t be forgotten. Aren’t there more important things than money?






Regardless of what types of books you're into, read this book! I promise you won't be disappointed. I'm really looking forward to meeting her on March 20th, and can't wait to have my copy signed! I'm a huge fan of hers and would love to add her signed book to my shelves of honor where is belongs. And, if you've read this book and can't get enough of Ally do not far, it is only part one of a trilogy, the second book comes out June 7th (I can hardly wait, anyone know how to get an ARC?) and is titled: He's So Not Worth It.  Again, I hope I get to meet her personally on March 20th...maybe she'll have read this blog, who knows? :) A girl can always dream.

www.privatetheseries.com            http://kieranscott.net


Put this book in your MUST READ shelf!


No comments:

Post a Comment